[HECnet] [Simh] Pi VAX Cluster

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:08:08 PDT 2012

On 13 Jun 2012, at 01:04, Boyanich, Alastair wrote:

This looks like it might be cute to run SIMH on.. there was the Rpi VAX cluster doing the rounds yesterday, but these things came out today (..wonder what tomorrow will bring) for $49 .. with twice the ram, 800Mhz ARMv11 core (Rpi is ARMv6 afair? Please correct me).

http://apc.io/

No, the Raspberry Pi CPU is ARM11 (note, no v) 700MHz Broadcom BCM2835 SoC which is ARMv6 (the Linux distro I run debian armv6l). It's quite confusing, there are a few number schemes that all relate to different things with ARM and I don't fully understand them.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

That so-called 'APC8750' board is a VIA Neo-ITX board also. The CPU setup looks almost identical to the RPi one save for the extra RAM and 100MHz.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/VIA-APC-8750-WonderMedia-ARM-Neo-ITX,15721.html

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info