[HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Sat Jun 9 13:00:55 PDT 2012

El 09/06/2012, a les 7:01, Peter Lothberg va escriure:

1) Defining the permanent node database for both TOPS10 and TOPS20. NCP
rejects the DEFINE NODE commands. I guess there is some sort of utility
like the one in RSX (CFE) to define the "permanent" node list, but I've
not been able to find that one. There is a NIPGEN in TOPS-10 to build a
CMD file with the SET NODE commands, but no NIPGEN in TOPS-20 that I've
been able to find...

T10/T20 has no permanent database, nor does it understand copy, look
for a program named nodnam.exe it reads ini:NODNAM.INI and populated the
node-name-table..

And nodnam.ini looks like this...

(...)

I've found NODNAM in both TOPS10 and TOPS20... Now I'll try to find where to hook it so its get executed on system startup.

define node       1.42 name   BIGBOA
define node     1.100 name   FLETCH
define node     1.150 name   GLGMSH

Hmmm time to code a little program to parse the output of SHOW KNOWN NODES and build this file :)

Here's what's on SOL..

type 7-PTYCON.ATO
SILENCE

(...)

Do you know what is the equivalent file for TOPS-10? Is that SYSJOB.INI?

type SYSTEM:NCP.CMD
ENTER NCP
SET KNOWN LOGGING STATE OFF
SET EXECUTOR ID "SC40M, Stupi Stockholm, Tops20"
SET KNOWN CIRCUIT ROUTER PRIORITY 10
SET CIRCUIT NI-0-0 STATE ON
SET CIRCUIT NI-0-0 SERVICE ENABLED
SET CIRCUIT CI-0-0.14 STATE ON
SET CIRCUIT CI-0-0.15 STATE ON
;SET MODULE X25-ACCESS NODE SCMV1 NETWORK TELENET
RETURN
$

Understood.

Now I've got another problem. The TOPS-10 node goes yo-yo:

$
%%%%%%%%%%%   OPCOM     9-JUN-2012 13:58:58.19   %%%%%%%%%%%
Message from user DECNET on BITXOV
DECnet event 4.18, adjacency down