[HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Sat Jun 9 06:01:26 PDT 2012

1) Defining the permanent node database for both TOPS10 and TOPS20. NCP
rejects the DEFINE NODE commands. I guess there is some sort of utility
like the one in RSX (CFE) to define the "permanent" node list, but I've
not been able to find that one. There is a NIPGEN in TOPS-10 to build a
CMD file with the SET NODE commands, but no NIPGEN in TOPS-20 that I've
been able to find...

T10/T20 has no permanent database, nor does it understand copy, look
for a program named nodnam.exe it reads ini:NODNAM.INI and populated the
node-name-table..

And nodnam.ini looks like this...

define node       1.42 name   BIGBOA
define node     1.100 name   FLETCH
define node     1.150 name   GLGMSH
define node     1.200 name   PLINTH
define node     1.201 name   CRISPS
define node     1.202 name   NIPPER
define node     1.301 name   CTEPBA
define node     1.302 name   XPEH

2) LAT. LAT works fine in TOPS-20. In TOPS-10 LCP tells me LAT is
active, but it does not work (does not even announce itself). How do I
enable LAT in TOPS-10?

Don't knew.

3) And, spealking of LAT... How do I change the service identification
in TOPS-20?

What do you mean with service identification? The stuff in "sh exec
char?"

I mean, how do I change it PERMANENTLY? I guess I have to
put it in some sort of auto-executing file. SYSTEM.CMD? Something in
7-1-CONFIG.CMD? Again, any pointer to docs would be very appreciated. I
don't want to bug you with the thousands of questions I've got :)

Right

There is nothing permanent, unless you poke it in to the monitr.exe
file....

Here's what's on SOL..

type 7-PTYCON.ATO
SILENCE
NO LOG
DEFINE 0 OPR
CONN OPR
LOGIN OPERATOR FOO OPERATOR
OPR
TAKE SYSTEM:SYSTEM
TAKE SYSTEM:NCP
EXIT
;DEFINE SYSTEM: PS:<NEW-SYSTEM>,PS:<SYSTEM>
;SYSTEM:EXEC
^ESET LOGIN ANY
;POP
OPR
TAKE SYSTEM:UPMSG
EXIT
LOGOUT
^X
EXIT
$

type SYSTEM:NCP.CMD
ENTER NCP
SET KNOWN LOGGING STATE OFF
SET EXECUTOR ID "SC40M, Stupi Stockholm, Tops20"
SET KNOWN CIRCUIT ROUTER PRIORITY 10
SET CIRCUIT NI-0-0 STATE ON
SET CIRCUIT NI-0-0 SERVICE ENABLED
SET CIRCUIT CI-0-0.14 STATE ON
SET CIRCUIT CI-0-0.15 STATE ON
;SET MODULE X25-ACCESS NODE SCMV1 NETWORK TELENET
RETURN
$