[HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Jun 8 10:57:41 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-08 11:10, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:
On 8.6.2012 10:31, Mark Benson wrote:
On 8 Jun 2012, at 08:23, Dave McGuire<mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

I haven't tried cleaning TK50 heads in years, but I will (now that I
have a more respectable workspace) start trying that. I will let you
know how things go. I'll probably start digging into those within the
next month or two. Thank you for the suggestion!

I take it TK50 tapes won't read in a later drive?

Yes, a TZ87 (DLT2000) can read TK50 tapes and TK70 tapes as well.

Really? That is even better. I had a fleeting memory of the TZ87, but I just assumed I must be remembering wrong.