[HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 8 08:56:57 PDT 2012

On 06/08/2012 03:55 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
  I haven't tried cleaning TK50 heads in years, but I will (now that I
have a more respectable workspace) start trying that.   I will let you
know how things go.   I'll probably start digging into those within the
next month or two.   Thank you for the suggestion!

I take it TK50 tapes won't read in a later drive?

They will. TK70 and TK85 (if I remember right) can both read TK50.
You also have the TZ30 (I think the name is), which is a TK50
compatible, but smaller drive, with SCSI.

  The TK85 can read TK50s?   I didn't know that!   If that's the case,
it's likely that the TF85 (DSSI version) may as well, and I have one of
those.   That may be one more option to get my huge pile of TK50s read.