[HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Jun 8 08:55:38 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-08 09:31, Mark Benson wrote:
On 8 Jun 2012, at 08:23, Dave McGuire<mcguire at neurotica.com>   wrote:

  I haven't tried cleaning TK50 heads in years, but I will (now that I
have a more respectable workspace) start trying that.   I will let you
know how things go.   I'll probably start digging into those within the
next month or two.   Thank you for the suggestion!

I take it TK50 tapes won't read in a later drive?

They will. TK70 and TK85 (if I remember right) can both read TK50.
You also have the TZ30 (I think the name is), which is a TK50 compatible, but smaller drive, with SCSI.