[HECnet] SIHM on Raspberry PI

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:35:19 PDT 2012

On 11 Jun 2012, at 16:04, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> wrote:

Is it possible for your router to tell that two NICs are on one machine?

Yes, it has some stupid hostname autodiscovery thing that gets the
hostname on Windows and *nix boxes without me assigning it to the
hardware MAC address. It got royally confused by seeing the same
hostname at 2 different MAC addresses. Even when I manually assigned
statuc IPs and separate names it still couldn't sort itself out.

He he, well, I guess it's a good name to choose.
How about I make it more generic: mypivax ??   :P

How about VAXPI? ;)

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog