[HECnet] SIHM on Raspberry PI

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 16:04:20 PDT 2012

On 11/06/12 15:08, Mark Benson wrote:
On 11 Jun 2012, at 14:49, Mark Wickens<mark at wickensonline.co.uk>   wrote:

After a lot of messing to do with networking (am now using a USB network stick as a 2nd ethernet controller dedicated to the SIMH VAX instance) I have an emulated VAX on the PI:
Didn't bother with a second NIC on mine, it gives my router a headache
having one machine at 2 separate hardware MAC addresses. I'm sure I
could get around that in Linux but ultimately I couldn't be bothered.
I can talk to it locally via the OP console on screen pr remotely by
the DZ11 emulation or telnet.
Is it possible for your router to tell that two NICs are on one machine?
msw at hpm:~$ telnet pivax
You can't use PIVAX as a node name, all my cluster nodes are all set
to be PIVAX1 to PIVAXn :P

He he, well, I guess it's a good name to choose.
How about I make it more generic: mypivax ??   :P

Mark.

--
http://www.wickensonline.co.uk
http://declegacy.org.uk