[HECnet] SIHM on Raspberry PI

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:08:32 PDT 2012

On 11 Jun 2012, at 14:49, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> wrote:

After a lot of messing to do with networking (am now using a USB network stick as a 2nd ethernet controller dedicated to the SIMH VAX instance) I have an emulated VAX on the PI:

Didn't bother with a second NIC on mine, it gives my router a headache
having one machine at 2 separate hardware MAC addresses. I'm sure I
could get around that in Linux but ultimately I couldn't be bothered.
I can talk to it locally via the OP console on screen pr remotely by
the DZ11 emulation or telnet.

msw at hpm:~$ telnet pivax

You can't use PIVAX as a node name, all my cluster nodes are all set
to be PIVAX1 to PIVAXn :P

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog