[HECnet] netowrk flapping....

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:00:01 PDT 2012

On 11 Jun 2012, at 12:24, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> wrote:

My   comments are probably completely useless, but I'll say it anyway.
I've seen this behaviour in a box with multiple network adapters where one (or more) are not connected to a network segment.

Yes, the same happened to me when I installed OpenVMS on my Integrity
box with GBit connected and not the 10/100 MBit. However if it's not
connected on a LAN it does it every 10-30 seconds. It was so annoying
I purged the EIW-0 circuit on mine (probably never use it for DECnet
in the native OS anyway).

If it is indeed the same behaviour then it's possibly a break in the
tunnel link, the timeouts seem to be pretty strict.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog
http://twitter.com/MDBenson