[HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Jun 8 09:29:32 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-08 10:06, Sampsa Laine wrote:

On 8 Jun 2012, at 00:10, Dave McGuire wrote:

  Of course it'd be preferable in a dozen ways to have the native
kernel-based DECnet support continue to be maintained, alongside IPv4,
IPv6, etc where it belongs...but if we can't find anyone to do that
work, we'll have to solve the problem some other way, when it actually
becomes a problem.

The upside of this solution is that it's relatively portable though - I'd love to have a DECNET stack on my OS X boxes, for example (in fact as mentioned before latd DOES work on OS X as it's kinda implemented in a similar way)..

Which reminds me that I should work on/write a replacement lat suite, since the version out there today have some bugs. I've tried looking at it, but I'm just not into C++, or able to penetrate the code enough.
Anyway, using the lat client program supplied, connecting to RSX, it seems like it breaks the lat protocol sometimes. And unfortunately, the RSX LAT server have a bug triggered by the free lat implementation, in which the session gets lost, and as a result some memory is lost in RSX. This eventually cause the system to crash because no more free memory is available in DECnet.