[HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::

Thu Jun 7 01:51:45 PDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 6:11 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

By the way, as a warning...
I seem to remember that DECnet support now have been dropped from Linux. So it might not be in there anymore, if you look at recent versions.

I've also had less than stellar results from trying to talk from Linux to RSX. So it might not work absolutely right under all conditions. Developers mostly (it not only) had VMS machines to test against...

	Johnny

It's been some years ago, but I did a bunch of work to make it talk well with RSTS/E.   And I thought others had done the RSX work.

I remember the rumor that it was dropped.   Too bad.   But there's no reason the older version couldn't be used, unless your chosen platform requires a later one.

	paul