[HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Thu Jun 7 01:14:50 PDT 2012

On 06/06/2012 06:11 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
By the way, as a warning...
I seem to remember that DECnet support now have been dropped from Linux.
So it might not be in there anymore, if you look at recent versions.

  Huh?   Nope, works fine here, on a two-week-old Mint installation.
(Mint is Ubuntu with Canonical's bad decisions un-done)

I've also had less than stellar results from trying to talk from Linux
to RSX. So it might not work absolutely right under all conditions.
Developers mostly (it not only) had VMS machines to test against...

  I've had similar results talking to RSTS/E DECnet.   From the little
bits of old mailing list traffic I've seen, I'd guess they'd be happy to
have it work with other platforms' DECnet implementations, but finding
people with machines to test against is tough outside of this crowd.

  I plan to contact the developers when I have a little time and offer
to do some more formalized testing against RSTS/E and RSX and get them
feedback, and possibly fix some of the issues.

  This really needs to happen.

Can you talk to sol::

-P