[HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Jun 6 21:52:14 PDT 2012

On 6/6/2012 9:04 AM, Peter Lothberg wrote:

Could this work in a domestic environment with an ISP that
gives out dynamic IP addresses?
My head hurts.. Ask for a /56 of IPv6 space. -:)

If there are many users that need this, I will look in to it, I thnk
there was magic that could be applied.

On the side with the dhcp address it's simple. You just make the source the actual interface and not an IP.

interface Tunnel0
description Tunnel for DECnet to Dave M.
no ip address
decnet cost 10
tunnel source FastEthernet0/1
tunnel destination 50.73.179.1
tunnel path-mtu-discovery
end

interface FastEthernet0/1
description Internet Connection (Cable Modem)
ip address dhcp
ip nat outside
ip virtual-reassembly
duplex auto
speed auto
end

Now, in my case it's actually a static IP but RCN require me to actually fetch my IP via DHCP or it won't work.

As to how to handle this on the other end, I have no clue. :)

-brian