[HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Jun 6 21:46:35 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-05 03:50, Peter Lothberg wrote:
For people who don't need LAT and have a Cisco box, this is way better
than the bridge program.
(If you really want LAT with other parts of HECnet, then there is no
alternative to the bridge...)
You can bridge LAT with the cisco box... -:) ((It might even HELP you
with LAT over WAN....)) (And it can act as a LAT termianl server)
Nice. I did not know that. That's even better. Will it just bridge the
protocols you ask for, or will it do them all? Hmm, I assume it's using
GRE for this?
	Johnny
I -think- there where special stuff to help with LAT in WAN scenarios,
at some point there might even have been a telnet/lat gw.. I have to
go and refresh my memory..

SuperLAT! It no longer says that in the version banner though.

bart#lat ?
  WORD   Name of a remote system

bart(config-subif)#lat ?
  enabled   Enable LAT protocol translation
  host         Statically define LAT services

-brian