Re-homing VAXen, was Re: [HECnet] Introducing myself... and my little network

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jun 10 08:02:03 PDT 2012

On 06/08/2012 10:17 AM, Bill Pechter wrote:
My wife refers to the 11/7xx boxes I worked on as my old girlfriends.

  ;)

If one more piece of hardware
hits the house I'll need the same lawyer.

  I'd sure miss Wifey...for a little while. ;)

As soon as I can find it a
good home I'm getting rid of my Vaxstation and going
to go to only emulated hardware under VMware Workstation/ESXi/XenServer at home.

  Let me know if you need an extra pair of hands with VMware ESXi; I run
a big host machine here and several more for clients.

  And...What model of VAXstation?   I'd very happily give another VAX (or
two, three..) a home.