[HECnet] Network flapping, what's it all mean????

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Jun 10 00:31:21 PDT 2012

   Ok, I looked thru 36 hours of OPERATOR.LOG on LEGATO for    listener receive timeout    adjacency down/adjacency up (   flapping    as Peter calls it).   Here   s what I found

   The Multinet connection to SG1    flaps    all the time, almost like clockwork, with a period of about 20 minutes.

   The Multinet connection to GORVAX    flapped    once in that same 36 hour period.

   The Multinet connection to STUPI never flapped, although it did suffer from one corrupted packet error.

   The Multinet connections to CIERE and FRUGAL never, ever, flapped nor suffered any corrupted packets.

    So, what   s it mean??      Bob