[HECnet] HP Integrity

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 15:38:35 PDT 2012

On 9 Jun 2012, at 15:18, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:

I had a problem with lacking memory (1GB) on my zx6000

Itanium machines do demand a LOT of RAM. I can only assume the assembly language/machine code is very inefficient ;)

but then I dug into a scrap pile of HP blades (BL20p) and found memory which had the same parameters as a zx6000/rx2600 needs. Decided to test and to my big surprise I found out that the blade memory worked in the zx6000. Now I have enough memory.

Yeah, a lot of HP gear of the same era uses the RAM

This is more like a nice to know post for everybody.

Indeed. I more wanted to let folks know I can provide the spares on a sale or trade basis at community pricing (i.e. cheap) as they are still very expensive from most sources.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo