[HECnet] HP Integrity

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Sat Jun 9 15:18:18 PDT 2012

On 9.6.2012 17:02, Mark Benson wrote:
If anyone has a HP Integrity zx6000, rx2600 or a similar machine that takes DDR2100 Registered ECC RAM I have 2x spare pairs of 2GB RAM sticks available pulled fresh working from my zx6000.

I also have a 1.3GHz/3MB cache CPU module that I might be persuaded to part with.

This is more an FYI than a 'I must get rid of these for cash now' - I figured a few people were running Integrity machines and might want he parts.

I took mine down to 1 CPU and 8GB of RAM to cut down the power consumption and heat output (it's down from 480W to 200W at idle now :) ).

Now to install VMS 8.4 on it!

I had a problem with lacking memory (1GB) on my zx6000, but then I dug into a scrap pile of HP blades (BL20p) and found memory which had the same parameters as a zx6000/rx2600 needs. Decided to test and to my big surprise I found out that the blade memory worked in the zx6000. Now I have enough memory.
This is more like a nice to know post for everybody.

Kari