[HECnet] User mode DECnet (was Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jun 7 17:24:08 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-07 18:18, Bob Armstrong wrote:
I was meaning as in non-root.

    Ah, well, but that's good because it means kernel hacks are not required.

Right. Basically, you need to interface to ethernet. That you do the same way as my bridge, for instance. All the rest is just massaging the data in the packet, and eventually passing data to the next higher/lower level. The one semi-sensitive thing is that there are timers that needs to be kept, and things that needs to happen at times. But I think they all have such tolerances that you will be good even running it all in userland.