[HECnet] Raspberry Pi + SIMH VAX?

Boyanich, Alastair Alastair.Boyanich at au.fujitsu.com
Thu Jun 7 02:44:17 PDT 2012

[..snip!..]
Besides, anyone who thinks I know how to use VMS is a moron, Im a
total
VMS noob. I know properly 10x about Linux what I do about VMS. That
said
there are plenty areas I've never had to deal with and mounting
without root
privileges is seemingly one of them. Thing is it 'just works' in RSX
and VMS it
'just don't work' in Linux, at least at a prompt using the
conventional tools.
[..snip!..]

Mark:   If your that much of a noob.. I have a "Tips" file/page that's a
little less daunting than the VMS-FAQ I used to hand out to people at my
uni computer club when they joined the VMS sig or had no idea. I still
update it from time to time.

http://deviate.fi/~uridium/VMS-TIPS.TXT

Maybe a few nuggets in there.

Al.