[HECnet] Raspberry Pi + SIMH VAX?

Thu Jun 7 02:17:12 PDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 9:11 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

On 2012-06-07 03:01, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:

On Jun 6, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Mark Wickens wrote:

This is also mildly interesting: http://netbsd0.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/retrocomputing-with-vamp-stack-vax.html

Always good to see a VAXstation being put to good use.

Strange that gcc has so much trouble for VAX.   I thought that had gotten a fair amount of care&   feeding lately.

Sad to say, but gcc really stinks... And the amount of time it needs to compile even something trivial is close to eternity. :-(

pdp11, that's a different story, though I do try to do some more bits from time to time...

You mean the gcc PDP-11 backend? Are you mad? :-)

	Johnny

Maybe so, but working on its has been a good learning experience.   It actually helped me doing "real work" on gcc.

	paul