[HECnet] Setting up Bridge?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Mar 5 10:09:24 PST 2012

On 3/5/2012 11:10 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
At 9:29 AM -0500 3/5/12, Brian Hechinger wrote:
On 3/3/2012 9:05 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
Does anything need to be setup on tempo.update.uu.se?

Yes. They need to add you on that end.

Guess this is what I get for not having a system online on HECnet for a couple years. :-)

Which is why you asked. :-D

I'm currently trying to get VAX/VMS v5.5 running under SIMH, which I in turn have running under Ubuntu 11.10 which is running in Parallels Desktop 7 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (I suspect I might be crazy for trying that combo).

Why not just run simh directly on OSX?

Can the Mac telnet/ssh into the SIMH emulator if it's running directly on SIMH?   Besides by running under Parallels, I can do things like suspend the emulation if I need to free up resources on my Mac.

I don't see why not. The suspending thing is definitely nice, but it's not like it's that hard to shut down VMS. :-D

On a positive note, I figured out how to get networking working, and currently have it running OpenVMS 7.3 and TCPIP.   OTOH, SIMH blows up when I try to FTP the latest Multinet release into SIMH.

Well, that's good news anyway. :-D

As to it blowing up, that's less good. :-/

-brian