[HECnet] Raspberry Pi + SIMH VAX?

Wed May 2 15:01:01 PDT 2012

On May 2, 2012, at 8:16 AM, Joe Ferraro wrote:

I did the same with a zipit z2 (got them for $12USD), which is arm (I believe the pi is as well?!).. honestly, the performance felt much more realistic than the untuned linux/simh on a modern machine... and for around 100mW, it is / was hard to beat. The one issue I had was getting the bridge to work over wifi - I didn't have time (at the time) to tinker...

Yes, the pi is an ARM processor, with 256 MB of RAM.   It doesn't have wifi, but it does (in the "B" model) have 10/100 Ethernet.

	paul