[HECnet] Raspberry Pi + SIMH VAX?

Joe Ferraro jferraro at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:16:50 PDT 2012

I did the same with a zipit z2 (got them for $12USD), which is arm (I believe the pi is as well?!).. honestly, the performance felt much more realistic than the untuned linux/simh on a modern machine... and for around 100mW, it is / was hard to beat. The one issue I had was getting the bridge to work over wifi - I didn't have time (at the time) to tinker...

All in all, the arm was well worth it and fun.