[HECnet] GRE tunnel working!

Peter Coghlan HECNET at beyondthepale.ie
Tue May 1 20:33:40 PDT 2012

Hi Dave,

My IGS has even older software - 10.0(6) but it seems happy to accept
decnet configuration commands. It also allows me to configure a tunnel
interface so hopefully it will do the job. It seems to be running ok after
I reseated the SIMMs but I want to leave it on test for a while to make sure.

This is great news!   They're good machines.

I'd be happy to do some tunnel testing with you if that would be helpful.

The IGS has behaved itself for several hours now. Peter Lothberg and I have
successfully set up a tunnel between us.

My ip address is decnet.beyondthepale.ie [213.94.231.131] - let me know what
your's is and I'll set up a tunnel to you.

I can't find any reference to the processor speed anywhere.

It;s not show anywhere except in data sheets .. -:)

I eventually found it written on the 68020 :-)

Assuming they're running it full-bore..

I could check with the oscilloscope but I'm happy to accept Alastair's word
that it runs at 16MHz :-)

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.