IP over HF packet, was Re: [HECnet] Area 19

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Fri Nov 2 17:56:48 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Bob Armstrong
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 23:44
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: RE: IP over HF packet, was Re: [HECnet] Area 19

And licenses. ;)

  It's pretty easy to pass the test, especially for
technician.   I'm a VE (that's "volunteer examiner") and we
run regular testing sessions here in Silicon Valley twice a
month.   Almost everybody who comes in to take the technician
test passes - even little kids :-)

Bob WU6V

I'm also a VE.   In addition, I teach the Tech and General classes.   It
typically takes 30 hours of study for Tech, and an additional 30 hours
of study for General.   Extra is about 60 additional hours of study, but
I don't teach those because the class would run ~8 weeks and lugging
gear back and forth is no fun!

-Steve