IP over HF packet, was Re: [HECnet] Area 19

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Thu Nov 1 19:26:03 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Dave McGuire
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 16:07
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: OT: IP over HF packet, was Re: [HECnet] Area 19

On 10/31/2012 01:40 PM, Steve Davidson wrote:
I'm actually working on Packet over Radio (HF and VHF) since this
wonderful storm.   My cell phone was used as a hotspot while
I waited
for the landline to return.   I have my own Ham domain and an IP
address in the 44 block.   All I need now is a dedicated VHF (or HF)
rig to make this permanent.

  I've been out of ham radio since...well, the last time I
was licensed, the Kantronix KPC-2 was a current product. ;)
Who is handling allocations out of net 44 nowadays?

  Want to do some testing, when things calm down?   I can do HF or VHF.
(or microwave, given some time...I have a strong interest
there, and lots of gear)

Dave,

We should take this offline.   This is not really HECnet related.

-Steve