IP over HF packet, was Re: [HECnet] Area 19

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Thu Nov 1 19:55:57 PDT 2012

  I've been out of ham radio since...well, the last time I was
licensed, the Kantronix KPC-2 was a current product. ;)

  The KPC-3 is still a current product - HRO sells 'em for about $200.
They're the defacto standard for hardware TNCs these days.   However I think
most people do it with a sound card and software (the ham radio equivalent
of a winmodem).   And I'm not sure how many people still do packet as such -
modes like psk31, WSPR, JT65, etc are more common these days.

We should take this offline.   This is not really HECnet related.

  If you guys actually try to do DECnet over radio I'd be interested...

Bob WU6V