3B1s and "old school" UNIX, was Re: [HECnet] US Seller with some interesting stuff

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Nov 28 06:20:40 PST 2012

On 11/27/2012 10:25 PM, Boyanich, Alastair wrote:
Wasn't there some bitsliced cpu variants ?

  Of the 7300/3B1?   No, not that I'm aware of.   They're call 68010-based.

I know there was the AT&T UNIX PC which was a 68010 + custom external
MMU, but there was also a proprietry cpu version I ran into the trap of
in a past life.

  The "UNIX PC" is the 7300, which is nearly identical to the 3B1.   The
3B1 has a slightly larger top cover to accommodate a full-height hard
drive, while the 7300 will only hold a half-height drive.

  They are otherwise identical, using 68010s.

  I'd sure like to know more about the "proprietary cpu" version you're
talking about.