[HECnet] Test ping

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Nov 21 10:14:58 PST 2012

On 21 Nov 2012, at 05:06, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

On 21 Nov 2012, at 12:01, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

El 21/11/2012, a les 10:31, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> va escriure:
z/OS, AIX/ESA[370] and Debian/390x all under one emulated z/Arch box. That WOULD be cool.

And slow. VERY slow :)

I wasn't thinking of using this for production use. Compiling the kernel on Hercules was a giggle, took like 2 days.

Could always cross-compile!

If only they could get Ethernet support working (right now the tun/tap thing is a weird point-to-point link AFAIK).

It is. It works fine for TCP/IP (at level 3) but no level 2 so far.

Really? How? I thought the level 3 works as a point to point link as I said, the level 2 stuff would let things like DECNET run.

Could possibly be done with tunnels, or hacking your own encapsulation via RJE.

I'd love DECNET on some virtual IBM gear.

Got a sample say Debian/390 setup you'd like to share?

Sampsa