[HECnet] Test ping

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Wed Nov 21 02:52:49 PST 2012

El 21/11/2012, a les 11:06, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> va escriure:
Really? How? I thought the level 3 works as a point to point link as I said, the level 2 stuff would let things like DECNET run.

Got a sample say Debian/390 setup you'd like to share?

Oh, I think so... but I'll have to dig for it. I know it works for z/OS (I can tn3270/ssh into the emulated machine, use IMS Connect, access DB2 remotely, ) so there is no reason for it to not work for Linux.

As for level 2, I think the Hercules implementation uses tunX devices, which work at level 3, so I guess it simply won't work for anything not IP.

I'd like it to support other protocols encapsulation... XCF for instance. Hercules-based Parallel SYSPLEXes would be doable then :)

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES