[HECnet] digest mode for list

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri Nov 2 07:43:27 PDT 2012

On Nov 2, 2012, at 10:39 AM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

On 2 Nov 2012, at 16:31, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Nov 2, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

Doesn't DOSBox do exactly this with it's modem emulator, you basically ATDT <host>:<port> and it connects you over TCP/IP, presenting itself as a Hayes AT modem attached to a COM port to the DOS programs?

It's how I run Waffle's UUCICO on UUHECNET.

Anyway, the idea of actual, real, live, callable POTS numbers is cool too. Ooooh, could we somehow emulate ISDN over IP?

Could we? I have no idea. Will we? We must.

You know this will end with someone registering an ITU country code for HECnet..

Would this be a problem? :p

Sampsa