[HECnet] digest mode for list

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 07:41:22 PDT 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

On 2 Nov 2012, at 16:31, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On Nov 2, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

Doesn't DOSBox do exactly this with it's modem emulator, you basically ATDT
<host>:<port> and it connects you over TCP/IP, presenting itself as a Hayes
AT modem attached to a COM port to the DOS programs?

It's how I run Waffle's UUCICO on UUHECNET.

Anyway, the idea of actual, real, live, callable POTS numbers is cool too.
Ooooh, could we somehow emulate ISDN over IP?

Could we? I have no idea. Will we? We must.

You know this will end with someone registering an ITU country code for
HECnet..

Sampsa

Hello!
Now there is an idea.

Say Sampsa, why is there a poker convention of seven individuals who
might be cybermen sitting and playing poker......

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com