[HECnet] RSTS/E + DECNET 4.1

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 29 23:51:17 PDT 2012

On 10/30/2012 02:33 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I want to try out a VAXstation some time, I started on a pentium
running windows 95, so I missed quite a bit of history. ;)

Come bring me some good trading fodder and you can take home a
VAXstation.

I have a feeling you'd want something more valuable than an iPad 2 +
bluetooth keyboardcase. ;)

  Perhaps not...are you looking to unload the iPad?   I'd hook you up
with a sweet system for that.

Can I pay in floppy disks or a PowerMac 8600? :p

  I'm thinking no. ;)

I'm fairly positive you don't want any Pentium 4 systems

  Co-rrectamundo.

How about paying in weird things? West Side Story soundtrack on
vinyl? 320G 7200RPM laptop drive? AMD HomePNA? (I forget which model)
Video Professor: Learn Microsoft Works (I only found level 3, so this
can go in "especially weird"). 802.11b PCMCIA Card? PCI IDE
Controller? 4.1 channel speaker system for a computer? Nvidia FX
5200? PCI sound card with digital output I forget the name of?
Windows 98 keys? Nintendo Wii? WordPerfect 7?

16G SCSI drives? SCSI CD-ROM drive? IDE PCI Controller?

  No wood there, either.

Older modem Android phone? (Motorola Droid 2, verizon, pretty useless
as a anything other than a wifi device now).

  Might be interested in that, but only mildly so.

Anything in particular you or anyone you know is looking for that's
PC-related? Need an older MIDI controller? Need some Pentium 3s?
Laptop Core2 Duo?

  I can find a use for a C2D-based laptop.