[HECnet] RSTS/E + DECNET 4.1

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 29 23:08:48 PDT 2012

On 10/30/2012 12:37 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I got pakgen.c if you want it - I think you just need to figure out
what the product name is and you're good

Happen to know the product name for Ultrix itself on a MicroVAX? ;)
   and would you have a copy of some install media? I don't think I
installed the DECnet bits.

  Ultrix itself, if you're talking about a PAK for it, this doesn't
really apply, as far as I can recall.   There's a file called "upgrade"
that lives in the root directory (!) that controls how many concurrent
logins are allowed on a given system.   It's encrypted somehow.   I never
dug into it because, well, I had some of the files.

  I could swear that I had archived 1-user, 2-user, and 16-user (I
think) user "upgrade" files many years ago, but a quick look through the
places where I'd normally keep such things hasn't turned them up.   I
likely have them somewhere. (I sure hope I do..)