[HECnet] RSTS/E + DECNET 4.1

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 20:30:08 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On Oct 29, 2012, at 11:03 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 10/29/2012 10:55 PM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
I missed that part, that's an actual PDP-11? Can we get a photo or something?

Here you go, taken just now:

http://www.neurotica.com/misc/pdp1153-1.jpg
http://www.neurotica.com/misc/pdp1153-2.jpg

Not exactly quality portraits, but you get the idea. ;)   I can take
some better ones if you guys are interested in some quality DECporn. ;)

I'd enjoy some quality DECporn. :p

Unrelated: but if you ever want an interesting and absolutely useless task, you should try and set that up as a fuzzball. I found a bit of a "guide" but couldn't get it working in simh, could prove challenging to get the files to real disks though.

Hello!
Don't laugh folks. At one point I actually wanted an LSI-11 here to
work with. Then I ran out of space.... Now I'm interested in this
thing:
Models without standard bus

PDT-11/150
PDT-11/110
PDT-11/130
PDT-11/150
The PDT series were desktop systems marketed as "smart terminals". The
/110 and /130 were housed in a VT100 terminal enclosure. The /150 was
housed in a table-top unit which included two 8 inch floppy drives,
three asynchronous serial ports, one printer port, one modem port and
one synchronous serial port and required an external terminal. All
three employed the same chipset as used on the LSI-11/03 and LSI-11/2
in four "microm"s. There was an option which combined two of the
microms into one dual carrier, freeing one socket for an EIS/FIS chip.
The /150 in combination with a VT105 terminal was also sold as
MiniMINC, a budget version of the MINC-11.

I abstracted the text from this Wikipedia page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP-11 .
I figured that of all of the machines we know that one is least well
known. I'm not sure what I can do with any of them, but I certainly
hope I could manage something appropriate to what we are discussing.

Incidentally Dave I'm still waiting.

Outside your place are a van of frustrated yetis and related
individuals in a brown van who're waiting and watching.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com