[HECnet] Area 19

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Oct 31 13:28:27 PDT 2012

On 10/31/2012 04:21 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Also do we send any encrypted stuff over this? What if something
commercial gets routed through say CHIMPYMAIL.COM - will this be
a problem or is it a "problem" in theory only?

I thought encryption and commercial messages were strictly
verboten on HAM stuff.

They are.   So let's not encrypt stuff.   And how much commercial
data flows across HECnet? ;)

So, now that selling DECnet-based internet access to rural areas over
packet radio is out, how about we setup some HECnet nodes in
Antarctica?

  We could probably do that!   Is Ethan Dicks among us?   If not, he
should be.   He works down there.   I've CCd him on this.