[HECnet] Area 19

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Oct 31 13:21:44 PDT 2012

On 31 Oct 2012, at 16:09, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 10/31/2012 03:34 PM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Also do we send any encrypted stuff over this? What if something
commercial gets routed through say CHIMPYMAIL.COM - will this be a
problem or is it a "problem" in theory only?

I thought encryption and commercial messages were strictly verboten
on HAM stuff.

They are.   So let's not encrypt stuff.   And how much commercial data
flows across HECnet? ;)

So, now that selling DECnet-based internet access to rural areas over packet radio is out, how about we setup some HECnet nodes in Antarctica?