DECporn, was Re: [HECnet] RSTS/E + DECNET 4.1

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 29 20:32:37 PDT 2012

On 10/29/2012 11:07 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I missed that part, that's an actual PDP-11? Can we get a photo or something?

Here you go, taken just now:

http://www.neurotica.com/misc/pdp1153-1.jpg
http://www.neurotica.com/misc/pdp1153-2.jpg

Not exactly quality portraits, but you get the idea. ;)   I can take
some better ones if you guys are interested in some quality DECporn. ;)

I'd enjoy some quality DECporn. :p

  Ok, you asked for it.   NOTE WELL that I just unloaded the last truck
from moving into this building, and things are a HUGE MESS.   I am making
progress, but I'm busy at work and there's a LOT of stuff in here.   You
have been warned.

  PDP-11/70, still partially disassembled from exhibiting it at VCF-East
in May:
  http://www.neurotica.com/misc/DECporn/DSC_0781.JPG

  DECsystem-2020, peeking out from behind a Cray J90 I/O cabinet.
There's another DECsystem-2020 next to it, hidden from view, but you can
just make out the nameplate through the J90's rear door grille:
  http://www.neurotica.com/misc/DECporn/DSC_0782.JPG

  Row of racks containing two PDP-8/es, an 8/a, an 11/24, an 11/23, an
11/50, an 11/34, and a few other things, partially obstructed by a rack
of RA90s:
  http://www.neurotica.com/misc/DECporn/DSC_0783.JPG

  The VAX-7000 that I mentioned here a few days ago:
  http://www.neurotica.com/misc/DECporn/DSC_0784.JPG

  Tape racks a few big (newer) Suns, the PDP-11/53 on the far right, and
the (modern) production network facing the camera at the back of the room:
  http://www.neurotica.com/misc/DECporn/DSC_0785.JPG

  FPS AP-180V (VAX version of the famed AP-120), and a VAX-11/750:
  http://www.neurotica.com/misc/DECporn/DSC_0786.JPG

  VAX-11/730, MicroVAX-III, PDP-11/44, with a Dataram-boxed 11/73 up
top, with Cray J90, Cray SV1, VAX-4000/700a, and another big Sun machine
in the background, Symbolics LispMachine monitor atop short racks, 11/84
chassis obscured on far right:
  http://www.neurotica.com/misc/DECporn/DSC_0787.JPG

  Heath H-1 analog computer, Genicom line printer, stack of VT50s and
VT52s, Cray YMP-EL98 in background, some RL02s, IBM System/36, etc:
  http://www.neurotica.com/misc/DECporn/DSC_0788.JPG