[HECnet] Reconfiguring DECNET 4 on RSTS/E

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Oct 29 19:17:48 PDT 2012

On Oct 29, 2012, at 10:12 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 10/29/2012 08:55 PM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
So I've got a SIMH PDP-11 running RSTS/E up, but am trying to figure
out how to change the node number and name.

I've tried re-installing DECNET from tape, but that doesn't seem to
work, as it says DECNET is running and must be shut down first.

So how do I:

a) Set the node name / number of a previously installed DECNET
install

This is a guess, as I've done very little DECnet under RSTS/E, but
possibly try:

$ @decnet$:net cfg

$ @decnet$:netcfg
$ delete/nolog/nowarnings dnet:addcrc.dat
                                                  ^
?Not a valid device

Before you ask, yes. I eat logicals for snacks it would seem.

b) Shut down the DECNET process so I can reinstall

Try:

$ ncp set executor state off

That MIGHT be enough.