[HECnet] TOPS-20 terminal and escape sequences

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 29 13:23:02 PDT 2012

On 10/29/2012 04:22 PM, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

El 29/10/2012, a les 21:18, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> va
escriure:

Is there any way to configure the terminal driver so the <ESC>
don't get cleared?

I don't know, but I can tell you that ANNOUNCE banners with
embedded escape sequences were always frowned upon when I was a
commercial VMS admin.

Hehehe that is the good part of being a hobyist :)

On the other hand, we used those banners back in the day... no one
complained. In fact, everyone used them. :)

  In commercial shops?   From my perspective that's pretty unusual.