[HECnet] happy news

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Mon Oct 22 15:00:47 PDT 2012

Al 22/10/12 15:57, En/na Dave McGuire ha escrit:
    I brought up my VAX 7000 yesterday.   2x HSJ50s CI-connected
controllers with six 9GB SCSI drives, 1.5GB of RAM, and two 600-series
processors, running VMS 7.3.   It's not running full-time, but I'll be
running it more as the weather turns colder.

    What a beautiful machine.
Congratulations!

I love hearing the humming of my real VAXen... and those are a 4000/200 and a micro-3300. So I guess the humming of a 7000 is a thousand times better than that ;)

(Weather has cooled a little bit around here... and I have been powering on my machines a little bit lately. Guess I will need no climatizer in winter).