[HECnet] TARDIS, SIDRAT and JUDOON

Tony Blews tonyblews at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 04:28:29 PDT 2012

Hi
A SIDRAT was a primitive time-travel device from "The War Games", built by a renegade Timelord (The War Chief).

The network hassles are purely internal. We got a new router which despite being the same model as the old one won't take the restore set, so I had to go though all the config again. And the cable running over the roof got damaged. And then I reformatted the machine running the bridge without checking that it worked fine on the new machine (so far it doesn't, but it could be my mistake).

Currently I've got one Pi running the simvax(TARDIS), and a second one trying to be the bridge (and VNC server etc).

The other two are now tied up with stupid projects for my employer. It won't end well.