[HECnet] punched tape

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 20 02:16:58 PDT 2013

On 04/19/2013 09:14 PM, Brett Bump wrote:

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 04/19/2013 03:27 PM, Steve Davidson wrote:
        73,

Is that a number, a misplaced number, or did I break my encoding
again?

    It's ham parlance, CW shorthand, that basically means "seeya, have a
good one".

Actually it means "Regards" or "Best Regards".

Oh good heavens.   Same sentiment...and used in exactly that way since well
before either of us were born.

                      -Dave

Actually, I always thought 73's was an unconscious binary genetic implant,
with the intented result that all ham's would always have a burning desire
to own a PDP-11/73. ;-)

73's,

Brett (N0LQG)

  YES!!