[HECnet] DECnet startup on RSX11m+ V4.6

Lee Gleason lee.gleason at comcast.net
Fri Apr 19 22:38:02 PDT 2013

I must have used the same image you are talking about. I had to BRU it to a bigger disk first   to avoid running out of headers during the netgen.

Ah, I didn't save the mail message, but it involved setting the machine type in simh   to 11/93, so a TOY clock is available, and commenting out the time setting dialogue in [1,2]startup.cmd. That and putting the command "boot rq0" as the last command in PDP11.INI were enough to take care of the SIMH and RSX startup issues. Then I added an @reboot event in crontab that does the pdp11 command to start simh, and viola - RSX sunning whenever the power is on.

Yah, I figure I cold just edit [1,2]startup.cmd to execute a modified NETINS.CMD, edited to remove the questions about whatpieces   to start, but I'm wondering if that's   what the fast guys do

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Benson