[HECnet] DECnet startup on RSX11m+ V4.6

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 22:18:02 PDT 2013

On 19 Apr 2013, at 21:26, Lee Gleason wrote:

  I   ve got DECNet running on RSX11m+ V4.6, on simh on a raspberry PI.

How did you do this, do you have the tape images? I have a pre-installed disk image for 4.6 but my NETGEN failed on it due to lack of file nodes and it needs migrating to a new disk with more nodes.

I   ve gotten RSX startup automated on PI power up thanks to a HECnet list discussion from a month or so ago.

Could you point me to the relevant archived mail conversation? I'm trying to do this myself with VAX and PDP-11 emulations :)

I   d like to automate the startup of DECnet   as well, so it all comes to life whenever power is applied.

  What   s the hot setup for automating this? I never had DECnet back in the day when I was managing 11s, so I never got to look into the best way to go about this.

Your bootstrap startup file is STARTUP.CMD - I think if you tack the command(s) (which I have forgotten, damned addled brain) in at a late but relevant position in that file it'll fire off when you bootstrap RSX-11M+. I used to have one of my previous RSX-11M+ 4.2 emulations setup this way.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo