[HECnet] LAT on RSX-11M+

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Apr 10 13:41:28 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-10 04:46, Cory Smelosky wrote:

Hey all,

Quick question:   How would I create a LAT terminal on RSX-11M+?   What manual covers that?   Did I forget to create them when I did a SYSGEN? ;)

(btw, RSX-11M+ on SIMH works properly with DECnet now)

Thanks!

Noted that you had already solved the question, but a few comments and information that people might find useful:

DECnet and LAT in general is not covered by SYSGEN (with the one exception that you have to answer yes to a question in SYSGEN to allow networks to be installed later).

While DECnet holds the LAT pieces, and DECGEN compiles everything, the NETINS.CMD that gets created will not setup LAT completely. You need to add one line to NETINS.CMD - right before the LCP START command, you should add an LCP CREATE command).

LAT has its own database - both a permanent and a current, just like NCP. You set values for both with LCP. There you can define how many terminals you want, names of services, and what not.

Manuals for RSX, DECnet, as well as some layered products are not only available at bitsavers. Stromasys (the Charon owners) also have RSX manuals available. See http://www.stromasys.ch/support/support-downloadds/charon-tb-downoads/