[HECnet] LAT on RSX-11M+

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Apr 10 05:13:39 PDT 2013

On Tue, 10 Apr 2013, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On 9 Apr 2013, at 23:12, "Gregg Levine" <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

Hey all,

Quick question:   How would I create a LAT terminal on RSX-11M+?   What manual covers that?   Did I forget to create them when I did a SYSGEN? ;)

(btw, RSX-11M+ on SIMH works properly with DECnet now)

Thanks!

Hello!
I'm impressed. (Seriously!) Shouldn't the documentation be roosting on
Bit Savers? Now the question is what are you planning on doing with
this entity? And where'd you track down the stuff for running this
product.

None of the Bitsavers documentations appeared to have DECnet in the title?I didn't look at documentation for versions earlier than 4.x though.

Okay. A quick google showed that I wanted LCP CREATE/TERMINALS=24.   The system now shows up in a SHOW NODES on my DECserver.   Along with ULTRIX, VMS 4.7, VMS 5.2, VMS 7.3, FreeBSD 9, Linux on my pi, TOPS-20. RSTS/E, and anything else I may have forgotten.

I used the baseline image provided on either bitsavers or the trailing-edge ftp site?I forget which.

I had it previously installed in a VM and I wanted to enable LAT to use it from my VT420. ;)

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff