[HECnet] VAX/VMS 1.50

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 22:15:31 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM,   <Paul_Koning at dell.com> wrote:

On Apr 4, 2013, at 4:59 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On 04/04/2013 04:45 PM, hvlems wrote:
No ethernet in '79, no phase IV. So a DU11?

Hmmmm.   Does SIMH emulate that?

It doesn't look like it does.   And I don't know that VMS ever supported that device, anyway.   RSX did, but various other systems tended to stay away from it because of the high software overhead.   I do know that VMS supports DMC-11 (or DMR-11, essentially the same at the driver level), and there is support for that in the in-development release of SIMH.

              paul

Hello!
What a predicament. Cory you said you'd upload it someplace to make it
available for us to do stuff with. Okay where? How big is it, and what
is the magic to convince (or confuse) SIMH for the VAX to bring it up?

Dave now you did it, the yetis are rioting.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com